If there’s one thing Miss O loves to eat it’s quinoa. My go-to quinoa recipe is Pesto Quinoa, a simple three-ingredient recipe that O will eat by the bowlful if I let her. I love how versatile quinoa is. You can use it in just about any type of recipe from breakfast to lunch to dinner and everything in between. I came across this recipe for Mini Ham & Cheese Quinoa Cups and decided to try it out. Here is the recipe with a few alterations that better suited our palettes. Miss O ate 4 of them for breakfast each morning until they ran out. I’d say this is definitely a toddler approved food!
This recipe can easily be frozen and reheated when you’re craving one (which will be all the time). Let them cool then line them on a tray and pop in the freezer. Once they are frozen simply store them in a resealable bag. Microwave for about 20-30 seconds and enjoy their deliciousness. These didn’t last long enough in my house to require freezing them as the three of us just keep eating them! I can definitely say these quinoa breakfast muffins were a huge hit.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 4-5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture level with the top of each cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the cups are golden brown.
- Cool at least 5-10 minutes in the muffin tin before placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Store in a resealable bag or container in the fridge. Microwave 10-15 seconds to heat.