These last couple of weeks we have been getting a bit of a preview of the warm summer months ahead. We’re not quite there yet, but this has me switching gears in the kitchen to full on summer cooking mode!
The on-farm fruit and veggie stands will soon be open and I can’t wait to get my hands on the first crops.
Since we are striving to eat an overall healthier diet, but I don’t want to sacrifice my sweet tooth, I decided to whip up a healthier option to those store bought ice cream bars that we usually fill our freezer with every summer.
You know the ones. Grab and go, easy, but loaded with added sugar and pretty much zero nutritional value!
I am happy to share that I came up with a recipe that is so easy, it almost shouldn’t even be called a recipe. It took all of 5 minutes to put together and is full of healthy ingredients. Healthy dairy, real fruit and raw honey.
Strawberry Vanilla Greek Yogurt Pops!
I started with Olympic Krema Greek Style Vanilla Thick & Rich Yogurt. Probably the creamiest, richest Greek yogurt you will ever taste.
Prepare to be amazed. It is so creamy and rich a few people in the family (who shall remain nameless) have been caught dipping a spoon into tub straight out of the fridge. It really is a dessert all on its’ own.
Since it isn’t quite strawberry season yet, I added frozen organic strawberries (thawed) and some raw honey to the yogurt, but you could easily add any fruit that is in season. Greek yogurt freezes very well, and keeps its creamy taste and texture.
Did you know that as the Organic Leader in Canada fresh dairy:
- The Olympic line of products are made right here in Canada in Delta, B.C.
- Using 100% natural ingredients
- They have a delicious Organic Probiotic Yogurt line with 10 flavours
- They have recently introduced the refreshingly smooth and local Vanilla Kefir to their product line, alongside their strawberry and plain flavours
If you are new to Kefir, as I was, it is essentially a probiotic, fermented milk that contains 2 billion probiotics per serving and is perfect for a healthy digestive flora. Olympic Kefir is organic and contains 10 different bacterial cultures and is low fat with only 1% milk fat!
So, what are you waiting for? Why not get a head start on summer and whip up some Strawberry Vanilla Greek Yogurt Pops today!
And don’t forget to visit Olympic Dairy for more farm-to-table recipes.
Strawberry Vanilla Greek Yogurt Pops
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons raw liquid honey
- 1 cup Olympic Krema Thick & Rich Greek Yogurt
- In a large bowl crush strawberries with a pastry cutter or potato masher until well smashed, somewhat liquidy with small chunks of strawberry
- Add honey to the strawberries and allow to sit for a few minutes
- Stir yogurt into strawberry mixture until well combined
- Fill Popsicle molds completely, add sticks and freeze overnight