Unless you have a severe aversion to bananas, there’s no doubt you love banana cream pie. I bet that even you dairy-free folks know you would love a big ol’ piece of banana cream pie. Sadly, this recipe is not dairy-free (sorry if I got your hopes up!). It is, however, probably the easiest recipe you will find requiring very little ingredients. It’s delicious and a great way to use up those bananas turning a little bit brown on your counter. It will also work well with underripe and perfectly ripe bananas. If those bananas have already turned very brown and are bordering on black, then I suggest you save those for my banana bread recipe.
Simple Banana Cream Pie
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping ie. Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 medium bananas sliced
- 1 9 " graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping thawed
- Banana chips for garnish if desired
- Using a whisk, beat pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup of thawed whipped topping and the sliced bananas. Spread the mixture evenly over the pie crust.
- Spread 1 cup of thawed whipped topping evenly over the pudding mixture.
- Garnish with banana chips.
Recipe NotesYou can buy a pre-made graham cracker crumb crust or you can make your own using the directions provided on the box of graham crumbs. I prefer to make my own as I find it fresher and very simple to make (crumbs + melted butter pressed into a pie pan).
You can also use a chocolate crumb crust if you prefer.
Keep unused portions covered in refrigerator.
Check out our Pinterest Sweet Stuff Board for more great ideas…
Follow The Inspired Home's board Sweet Stuff on Pinterest.