Aleva Naturals Newborn Travel Pack
I have trying many new bubble baths & body washes for kids in order to find a better bath alternative, since the whole scare with J&J admitting there is formaldehyde in their baby shampoo. I could have tried out the non-formaldehyde version that J&J released, but the whole incident actually opened my eyes to what is in all my beauty products. As soon as another one is empty, I search out a better alternative. Major points if it’s also a Canadian company (I like to buy Canadian whenever I can).
There is a lot of information out there to make your own shampoo if you’re so inclined. Many mothers also swear by just using water and a washcloth, and I admit that I have done that too. But somedays, you just need a few bubbles to relax in the tub, and splash with a few bath toys.
We took this Aleva Naturals travel package on a trip to Edmonton to pick up Grandma and used all the products within it during that time we were away (about 2 days). I love that all the Aleva Naturals products are indeed natural – all of the ingredients are ones you can pronounce, and organically sourced. I feel good in choosing this brand because they do not test on animals, there are no carcinogens, or other potential chemicals lurking in their products.
Bamboo Baby Wipes:
After using these for a few days, I realized that I had actually used a package of these back in Mr J’s baby days that I got on sale. I really enjoyed them then and I did enjoy them again. The bamboo cloth is ultra-soft, and extremely absorbent, for those tough stuck-on poop moments they are a mom’s dream. I end up using way less wipes with the Aleva Naturals then a typical wipe because of it.
- The travel sized package (30 wipes) easily fits in a purse or small bag if needed.
- Bamboo is a renewable & biodegradable resource (eco-friendly) in addition to being ultra-soft
- Has a nice light scent that isn’t overpowering
- I found the wipes hard(er) to get out of the package. The way they are folded makes it difficult when you’re having a freak out, poop-everywhere type of moment
- The bamboo is a soft natural colour as opposed to the bleached white of typical wipes (doesn’t bother me, but might bother others)
- After a few uses, the sticky tab of the reusable container doesn’t stick as well, which can lead to dry wipes if not sealed properly.
Berry Bubble Wash
OK, so that bath mood struck before we made it to Edmonton. After a particularly difficult day, we cracked the Berry Bubble Wash and tried it at our tub at home. For some reason, kids + water always seems to cheer everyone up. Mr J and I had a blast playing in the bubbles, building beards and hats.
- Container was big enough for 2 big baths (soaker tub) or 3 medium sized baths, enough for a weekend away
- The berry smell is light, fruity and reminds me of old school bubble bath that I used to use
- Ingredients are simple – aloe vera, shea butter, olive oil, tea tree oil & vitamin E. Great for us as our dog likes to lick the edge of the tub.
- The bubbles lasted until beyond the end of bath time
- I wish the container was bigger, and I can’t find a full size one locally. The biggest size is 240ml, but I would easily buy a 1L container.
Sleep Easy Baby Wash
We tried this on a shared bath for Miss P & Mr J while we were in Edmonton. The tub got splashed around quite heavily and no one suffered from soap-sting in their eyes, which was great. I tend to worry about this a little when I put Miss P and Mr J in the bath tub together, both are huge splashers but Miss P always seems to catch the waves in the face. The smell of lavender was quite soothing. Their hair felt really soft after using it.
Daily Soothing Moisturizer
We tried this on several scratches that Miss P has on her face from scratching herself (Note to self, cut her nails more often!). The soothing lotion helped them heal. It’s especially good on dry skin and eczema but we do not suffer from either of those, so it was a harder one for us to test.
For full details and a list of ingredients of each of these products, and where you can buy them, check out the Aleva Naturals website.
What natural bath product are you using on your children right now?
**I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.
a passionate recreation coordinator by day, crazy farm mama of two by night. i live outdoors: growing my own food, camping and hiking with my border collie with two active kids in tow. when I’m not writing, I’m experimenting with recipes, and crafts – or anything else that might keep the monkeys entertained.