Summertime. Spending days by the pool and heck, evenings too. We spend all winter hiding indoors that it’s a welcome relief to get outside in the summer. So why spend it inside in a gym? I’ll give you a few reasons why you should include the gym in your summer schedule.
- Air conditioning. Need I say more?
- Empty gym = free run of of the equipment. You’re pretty much guaranteed your favourite treadmill will be empty. For me, there’s a particular cross-trainer I’m quite fond of at my local Goodlife Fitness.
- Summer music. Nothing gets you pumped up more than the latest upbeat summer hits.
- Catching up on missed episodes of your favourite tv shows this summer? Put one on your phone or tablet and watch a 30min show while on your favourite cardio equipment. Nothing passes the time quicker!
- An empty gym means there are more personal trainers with fewer clients than normal. They will most likely be willing to spare 10 minutes of their time to help you with a specific piece of equipment.
- The fitness classes won’t be as full during the summer months meaning you can have a wide open space to do your moves. The instructor will also be able to help you perfect your moves even more.
- It’s an excuse to get out of the house and get some me-time. Socializing is key in the summer but it’s nice to reconnect with yourself once in a while.
- Summer = oodles of frozen treats. Get to the gym to work off those extra calories so you can have more the next day!
- No bugs, no humidity, no sunscreen.
- Trying a new piece of equipment can be daunting, especially if you fear people are watching you struggle. With the gym typically being empty in the summer, you can try that new equipment without feeling silly.
- People typically have more free time in the summer. Enlist a gym buddy. You can learn new moves from each other and also do some friend bonding time.
- Haven’t joined a gym yet? The summer is usually when you will find excellent deals at your local gym. Get out there and sign up! If you’re already a member at your local gym, now would also be a good time to score some deals on a personal trainer.
This post was written as part of the GoodLife Fitness Blogger Ambassador Program; however, all opinions expressed are my own.
Andrea can always be found with a new craft in front of her, a form of technology on her right and a coffee on her left. This is how she survives suburbia with her two crazy toddlers in tow.