If your mom is anything like mine, she is generous to a fault and never does anything for herself. It’s a running joke in my family that there’s no sense in buying Mom anything because she takes it back. Literally. One Christmas several years ago, my father in his wisdom purchased a microwave to help Mom in the kitchen. Mom promptly took it back. He also purchased her a snazzy new wardrobe that my aunt and I spent hours putting together. She took that back too, saying it wasn’t necessary, she didn’t need it. So, believe me, if anyone deserved a thoughtful gift this season, it’s Mom!
Here are some suggestions I have for gifts for mom this holiday season. I have focused the gifts for mom on beauty, gardening, kitchen tools, and monthly gifts that keep on giving. Each category also features a budget friendly gift (under $20) and a do it yourself gift.
Gifts for Mom: Beauty
- The Good Box – $14.95-49.95/month (USD), shipping $6
- DIY: Rosemary Foot Soak & Olive Oil Scrub (Photo from A Bird’s Leap)
- Cocoon Apothecary Petal Purity Facial Cleanser – $20.75
- Budget Friendly: Scentuals Christmas Memories Essential Oil– $16.98
- Therapeutic Massage – $75-90/hour
- DIY: Strawberry Planter Tree (via RunnerDuck)
- Budget Friendly: Herb Saver – $16.50
- Dual-Batch Rolling Composter – $109.00
- Christmas Amaryllis Plant (Photo via Canadian Gardening) – check your local greenhouse grower
- Gift Card for West Coast Seeds (or Mom’s Favourite Seed Company)- $25+
- DIY: Vintage Apron (Photo from Craft Foxes)
- Zyliss Smoothglide Peeler – $7.99
- Budget Friendly: Nonstick Silicone Baking Mat (Photo from This Week for Dinner) – $14.99
- Staybowlizer– $24.95
- Hurom Slow Juicer– $399.95
Monthly Gifts for Mom that Keep On Giving
- Wine Collective 3 shipments of 4 bottles gift – $264.99
- DIY: 12 months of dates with mom. Here’s some ideas for couples you could adapt to get the brainstorm started (Photo from Joy Is At Home)
- Budget Friendly: Today’s Parent 1 year subscription – $14.95
- Umba Box – Box of curated handmade gifts, $90-$168 for 3 month subscription + $4.95 shipping
- JustFab.Ca – 2 pairs of shoes for $39.95
What are you planning for your gift to mom this holiday season? Are you going to make a homemade gift?
a passionate recreation coordinator by day, crazy farm mama of two by night. i live outdoors: growing my own food, camping and hiking with my border collie with two active kids in tow. when I’m not writing, I’m experimenting with recipes, and crafts – or anything else that might keep the monkeys entertained.