Why should big kids get all the fun? As you may have noticed, I’m a fan of going all out for various holidays. I blame my mother. I will find any excuse to be craft and spoil my kids. Easter is definitely no exception. Miss O is old enough now to start understanding the concept of various holidays. She’s also really easy to spoil. Little J definitely doesn’t get what’s going on and quite frankly, he’s so young I can totally spoil him right now and it won’t make him rotten (yet).
Not one to be outdone, I had to come up with some sort of Easter basket for Little J. Although it pales in comparison to Miss O’s, it still has lots of goodies he can enjoy in the form of toys. He’s seven months old now so he can also eat a few basic “treats” that I included in his basket. I think this baby’s first Easter basket will be a great success!
Here’s 20 ideas for what to give your baby to celebrate their first Easter
- “My First Easter” bib
- Bunny ears – makes a great photo prop!
- Stuffed bunny toy
- Treats such as rice rusks, yogurt melts or puffs – put them into some plastic eggs!
- Teething toys – there are so many options out there now!
- Figurines (I used Elmo but Little People are also great)
- Finger puppets
- Toy cars
- Books – I’m a fan of cloth ones with crinkly stuff inside or bath books
- Pacifiers (if your little one uses them) and a pacifier clip
- Bath toys – foam letters are always a hit
- Headbands/hair clips for girls
- A new hat for boys
- Spring/summer shoes
- Leg warmers
- A rattle (what baby doesn’t love to make noise?!)
- Feeding utensils
I tucked everything into an adorable tin bucket I found at my local dollar store. I can’t wait to give Little J all of his fancy new toys on Easter while his sister stuffs her face with chocolate. He will be content to chew on his new toys and drool everywhere because, well, that’s what babies do! What are you getting your little one for their first Easter?
Looking for more great crafts, activities, and foods to celebrate Easter? Check these out.
Do you have older kids too? Check out these great Easter Dipped Marshmallows as a tasty treat to make together.