Nature Hikes & Simple Natural Activities
With the season turning to warmer, we’re more than ready to get outside for longer periods of time. Enter the nature hike! Physical activity, appreciation of nature and a little Vitamin D usually goes a long way in chasing away those winter blues. With a little preparation, a simple nature hike can make you look at our local trail or park with whole new eyes and double into another craft activity with few supplies.
Simple Natural Activities to pair with your Nature Hike:
- Visit the Love Child Organics blog to read my guest post about Painting with Natural Materials
- Or ask the age old question – Sink or Float?
- Pick a few large leaves along the way or upcycle a few rhubarb leaves for Leaf Sewing
- Add Playdough to your walk to explore textures or even make art.
- Select rocks and bring them home for Rock Painting or Rock People.
- Got a stick? Try these 10 terrific ideas on what to make with them.
- Do a little flower or leaf pressing, or even leaf printing.
How did you expand your outdoor activity lately?
Want more outdoor fun? Visit ourPinterest for more inspiration….
Follow The Inspired Home's board Birthday Parties on Pinterest.
a passionate recreation coordinator by day, crazy farm mama of two by night. i live outdoors: growing my own food, camping and hiking with my border collie with two active kids in tow. when I’m not writing, I’m experimenting with recipes, and crafts – or anything else that might keep the monkeys entertained.