Gifts for Child Number Two
I sat down to write up a few Christmas ideas for our friends and family. I came up with about 10 ideas for Mr. J based on what we’re learning right now (alphabet, numbers, continents). There are great ideas gear wise what to get too based on a few snow sports we’re trying out this season too. All in all, a really well-rounded list.
For Ms. P though, a different story. The majority of educational & amazing toys for her age range, we already own. We could add to the stash, however it already feels like we have too many toys. In fact, this month, we actually even simplified what’s on our shelves, as Ms. P wants to pull everything out. Clothes wise, we were blessed with Andrea handed us down beautiful pieces from Miss O!
Toddler Gifts for Child Number Two
- Safety Equipment. Although the older sibling may have passed down the sporting gear like bikes, skates, etc. It’s likely the other one is still wearing the safety pieces of gear like helmets. Think about the family and what sports they have been participating in with their children. What equipment will #2 need? Bike helmet, hockey helmets, skate guards can be great gift.
- Me too! The monkey see, monkey do game happens at my house. So we added to the list a few camping fun items that Mr J got from his birthday this year – a sleeping bag, head lamp and glow sticks. There’s daily fights over ride-on toys, and other favourited items that we just need two of now!
- Books, books, books. You can’t go wrong with books. We absolutely love them at our house. Look titles that aren’t the most popular. Maybe titles you enjoyed as a child, or new releases that just came out.
- Favourite Places. Having two kids can be expensive when you’re factoring in programs and activities for both. Consider a Share the Experience pass from your local recreation centre, an indoor playground membership, or renew their Momstown Membership. Grab a gift certificate to MEC for active kids for their next big family adventure, or one that will create a family experience that won’t be forgotten.
- Move! Energetic little preschoolers and toddlers in the winter months need ways to move – indoors and out. Look for gifts that will get them moving. Think small pieces that are easily stored. This trampoline is a huge hit with everyone at my house! A little slide would work wonderfully too.
- Create the big kid room. Toddlers are getting right into the next stage with big kid rooms. Help them with pieces to update the new room. New homemade artwork, a new sheet set, or bedframe could be just the ticket. Don’t forget the essentials either like crib sheets, comforter or quilt, nighlight or GroClock, and the all-important waterproof mattress pad.
What other gifts do you think are amazing for Child Number Two?
a passionate recreation coordinator by day, crazy farm mama of two by night. i live outdoors: growing my own food, camping and hiking with my border collie with two active kids in tow. when I’m not writing, I’m experimenting with recipes, and crafts – or anything else that might keep the monkeys entertained.