I will admit that I have a slight problem: I buy Miss O far too many bath toys. Daddy is in charge of bath & bedtime. He is her bestest buddy and they have lots of fun together. I like to encourage them to play so I buy them more and more toys for the bath along with books to read at bedtime. The bathroom was beginning to turn into a mess of toys. We used the Boon Frog Pod for a while but the toys began to overflow. They spent their days just hanging out in the empty tub. I decided it was time to do something about it.
Searching around Pinterest I stumbled across a brilliant idea done by a few different people. It seemed like the best choice for our bathroom toy collection. I hate suction cups as they just never last. It was only recently installed but I’m hopeful that our system will last much longer than the suction on a little dome of plastic. So far I’m over the moon about this system for bath toy organization!
- tension shower rod from home store
- plastic baskets with holes from dollar store (not too deep or the kids will bonk their heads!)
- shower hooks from dollar store (I suggest metal or S-type hooks – plastic can be hard to manoeuvre)
- that’s it!
- Install the shower rod along the back wall of your tub about 6 inches up from the side of the tub. Ensure a tight fit – be sure to follow the instructions on the rod.
- Put your shower hooks onto the rod.
- Decide on basket placement and put the hooks through some of the holes on the basket.
- Load them up with toys!
Andrea can always be found with a new craft in front of her, a form of technology on her right and a coffee on her left. This is how she survives suburbia with her two crazy toddlers in tow.