So it’s almost December 1st and you have yet to DIY that fantastic advent calendar for your kids. Don’t give in and buy one of those cheap chocolate calendars – there’s still time! This calendar was made with one trip to the craft store, a pit stop to pick up some candy and about 20 minutes to assemble it after the kids went to bed. Fast and fresh family fun at it’s finest. And easy on the wallet to boot.
What You’ll Need
- 24 mini envelopes/treat bags in the colour of your choice
- These are typically found in the scrapbooking section of the craft store
- 24 felt stickers – I opted for presents
- These are usually found in seasonal or general arts & crafts
- Stickers that say 1 – 24
- The holiday section of the scrapbooking section had a sticker pack designed for the month of December
- 24 small candies or treats that will fit in your mini bags/envelopes
- I bought little foil-wrapped chocolate santas and candy canes
- 24 thumbtacks
- Large cork board
- Put your number stickers onto your felt stickers
- Place the numbered felt stickers onto the bags or envelopes
- Add your treats to the bags
- Pin them to the board (in numerical order of course)
- Voila! You just made an awesome advent calendar in record time!
More Awesome Ideas
We’ve got a few other quick and simple advent calendar ideas from previous years to check out as well – simply click the image and you’ll be taken the post!
Andrea can always be found with a new craft in front of her, a form of technology on her right and a coffee on her left. This is how she survives suburbia with her two crazy toddlers in tow.