On the weekends, I like to make a big breakfast for my family. Since we moved into a 1950s kitchen that is short on cupboard and counter space, my routines have had to change a little. Usually, I would take my large griddle and fry up bacon and then eggs on it for the whole family. The griddle is super large, and frankly probably overkill for making breakfast for the four people.
I’ve switched back to frying pans for my eggs, and learned a quick kitchen hack from Andrea to make super crispy bacon in the oven. My one pet peeve has been the clean up of the pans. I embarked on a little experiment to see if the PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray really does leave less residue than other non-stick sprays (it’s new formula claims up to 97% less residue.) If so, then I could throw the pan through ye old dishwasher without any annoying scrubbing. I’m totally spent after I do big breakfast and I don’t want to clean the pan.
We sprayed one frying pan with PAM No Residue and another with a competitor’s brand. Both pans were brand new and identical in brand. I threw both pans in the dishwasher, AND the PAM came out clean. To me that’s a big win; a wonderful “Residon’t!”
This recipe is perfect for those quick holiday breakfasts before you get back to the presents, or when you want to have a hearty breakfast that’s quick & easy to pull off.
Holly’s Super Easy Big Breakfast
Prep Night Before:
-Egg toppings like cheese, ham, pea sprouts, onions/chives, tomatoes
-Cut up fruit for fruit salad
-1 lb of bacon
-PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a large cooking sheet with parchment paper, and spread all the bacon out on it (don’t overlap). Cook approx 20 minutes (or more if you like REALLY crispy bacon)
3. Turn frying pan on medium heat, spray with PAM. Beat 6 eggs & throw in pan, stirring intermittently.
4. Make toast and butter while waiting for bacon & eggs to finish.
5. Place egg toppings on the table, and feed hungry hoardes fruit salad or fruit pieces while you finish up.
6. Serve eggs & toast on each plate and let your family choose their toppings.
I am participating in the PAM No Residue blog comparison program with enCompass Media. I’ve received payment as a thank you for participating and sharing my honest opinion.