DIY Holiday Wreath with Candy Cane Heart
If you haven’t decorated your door yet or have a family member who needs a little boost in the Christmas cheer area, this simple wreath is an easy win!
To be honest, I haven’t attempted many wreaths for Christmas, as my sister is the wreath maker in the family. She has definitely shared the wealth of her beautiful creations over many seasons. Her luscious creations didn’t seem to fit my simple farmhouse door this year though, so I endeavored to make a simple wreath project that was nature inspired by my property. I went out in the snow to scratch under my pine trees just to find the perfect cones 🙂
Watch the magic unfold:
- Plug in your hot glue gun and let it get warm. Keep the glue sticks at the ready because you’re going to go through quite a few!
- Wrap the ribbon around 3/4 of the wreath. I left the bottom right hand corner for my candy cane heart.
- Glue on the balls. Use a generous amount of glue and press the balls into the wreath.
- Glue in the large pine cones around the entire wreath, press the pinecones into the wreath.
- Add small pine cones around the wreath in 3’s. Don’t be afraid to glue it over the ribbon.
- Cut the ends off your candy canes and then unwrap them, glue on the wreath.
- Hang up your new creation using a Command Hook or wreath hanger from your local RONA store.
Do you have a favourite Christmas wreath?
RONA provided me with product to create this projects. I’ve received payment as a thank you for participating and sharing my work.