I have a obsession with homemade kitchen art in my house, or any homemade art for that matter. It stems from my love of words and quotes. In my kitchen, I have RELAX. In my basement, I have HOME. In my hallway, I have a sign detailing what kind of family we are that is subway art inspired. I even have a round mirror that was positive uplifting quotes on it about beauty. Here’s how you can make really affordable kitchen art for your house too or gift it as a terrific gift this holiday season for that hard to buy-for person.
- 1 – 8×10″ canvas (check your local dollar store)
- Acrylic Paint, paint brush
- Alphabet Stickers (Make sure you get 2 packages if you are using lots of vowels)
- Double-sided tape
- Paint your canvas with the acrylic paint in yours (or the receiver of the gift’s) favourite colour. Let it dry overnight.
- While drying, decide what message you will put on your artwork. Visit the Quote Garden for inspiration.
- Get shapes from the web to add to your art. I like to use colouring book artwork for it’s simple black & white nature.
- Once dry, attach alphabet stickers and printed images to your art using double-sided tape.
- Voila! Customized cheap art.
Are you making any homemade Christmas gifts this holiday season?
a passionate recreation coordinator by day, crazy farm mama of two by night. i live outdoors: growing my own food, camping and hiking with my border collie with two active kids in tow. when I’m not writing, I’m experimenting with recipes, and crafts – or anything else that might keep the monkeys entertained.