Pasta Cordon Bleu
Some people prefer to prepare healthy, low-fat meals that are gluten/dairy/egg-free. That’s all well and good for the healthy people. I happen to be one of those people who just wants to dive into a creamy, gooey, fattening bowl of pasta every now and then. And that is what this recipe is all about. I don’t eat like this every day which is why I prepare treats like this for my family every so often. Everything in moderation is my motto. That, and you only live once so you may as well enjoy it. This sinfully creamy pasta dish is full of cream cheese, Swiss cheese, chicken, ham and bacon. I know you’re salivating at the thought. This dish is lacking in the vegetable department so I suggest a side salad with dinner!
Pasta Cordon Bleu
- 1 box penne pasta I use Catelli Smart
- 1 cup cream cheese I like to use low-fat
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese separated
- 1 chicken breast cooked & cubed
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- 3 slices bacon cooked & chopped
- Bread crumbs
- Heat cream cheese in a pot over medium-low heat until melted. Stir in whipping cream until completely combined with cream cheese. Add in onion powder, garlic salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese until it has melted and your sauce is a smooth consistency.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain. Bring pasta back to pot and cover with the sauce, mixing well. Add chicken, ham and bacon to the pasta, mixing well.
- Pour the pasta mixture into a greased 9x13 dish. Sprinkle the other 1/2 cup of Swiss cheese on top followed by a layer of bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Looking for more dinner inspiration? Be sure to check out our Pinterest board with quick & easy dinners: