Easy Ham and Broccoli Quiche is the perfect choice for a quick weeknight meal when you are short on groceries but need to get the troops fed. Eggs are so easy to work with and packed with protein, even your most picky eater will not turn their nose up at eggs in a pie shape. Having kids help with meal prep is also a great way to introduce them to different foods and they will be more likely to eat what they have helped create.
This recipe gives you a hearty deep dish quiche that you can serve with a side salad for a satisfying meal or make ahead for packing into school lunches. My kids get tired of sandwiches so left over quiche makes a nice change and tastes just as good cold if they choose not to take it heated and packed into a thermos bowl.
As long as you have 4 eggs and loosely follow the measurements you can swap out any meats, vegetables or cheese that you have on hand. Get creative with the combinations, quiche is very forgiving and you might just discover a new family favourite.
Easy Broccoli and Ham Quiche
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell or home made dough rolled out and laid into deep dish pie plate
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 2 cups chopped broccoli steamed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon fine herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and add in milk and flour, beating until smooth.
- Add in chopped ham, chopped broccoli (cool steamed broccoli before adding to egg mixture) and cheese, stir to combine.
- Stir in fine herbs and garlic powder as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into deep dish pie shell and bake for 45-55 minutes or until set and top is golden.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.