DIY Baby Shower in a Box
Once upon a time, when I was pregnant with Mr J, a family member sent me a baby shower in a box. It was like all the good things from a baby shower without the corny games. I really appreciated the sentiment behind the box. Even though they were a couple provinces over, they still wanted to celebrate our upcoming bundle of joy.
With my first niece or nephew due in the beginning of December, I put together a similar box for my sister in law. I wanted to put in all of those things that you don’t know you need. You typically you find out you need them at about 9pm at night when you have one hairy screaming baby and don’t know what to do. After you panic and throw up in your mouth a little, this box will have your back. Trial by fire parenting coming right up!
What’s in the box?
- DIY Paint Chip Banner to welcome baby
- A lovey – bear
- A red cardinal to hang from the car seat
- Three lifesaver homeopathy medicines we love at our house – Camilla, for teething, Coryzalia for coughs & colds, Cocyntal for colic
- 2 sterilized bottles
- Outlet covers, door handle covers
- 0-12 month belly stickers for that all-important monthly picture
- Teething rings
- Nipple cream
- Breastmilk bags
- Breast pads
- Pain reliever for baby, dye-free
- Bottom spray
- Almond oil
- Booby Tubes
- Milkmaid Tea
- Stretch mark cream
I hope that they will be well set-up for all of those strange and wonderful moment baby will throw at them over the next few months. What other lifesaver or favourite baby products would you add from your experience?