6 DIY Printable Holiday Cards
Choosing each years Holiday Cards can be a tedious task. Reading the messages inside, trying to find cards that are just right for your friends and family. Do you buy the big box sets or choose individual cards for each person? Some people prefer cards that are blank inside so they can write their own unique holiday message or a long letter to the recipient. While others may decide to hand craft their cards. Regardless of your preferred method, it can take awhile.
We took some time to pick out some Holiday Card designs that are sure to have something to suit everyone on your list. These designs have been put into downloadable and printable Holiday Card format for you to save, print, and enjoy.
Paper Prep & Personalizing
- I chose to print on white card stock, which I cut down from 12″ x 12″ that I had on hand to make 8 1/2″ x 11″ pieces.
- You can also purchase card stock in standard Letter size which would save you a little time.
- I printed my cards and then trimmed them down by 1/8″ on each side so they would fit envelopes I already had which measured 8 7/16″ x 5 5/8″
- I used the scoring blade on my paper cutter to crease the card and fold it in half, for me that was at the 5 1/2″ mark (make sure you score the inside side of your card)
- You can choose to keep it simple or get as fancy as you would like when it comes to your cards
- I chose to round the corners on some of my cards using a corner punch tool I have, but you could also do this with scissors
- You may choose to print your holiday message on the inside of your cards or leave them blank to write personal messages to each recipient
How To Print
I printed the PDF files from PREVIEW on my MacBook. It took me a little time and finagling to figure out how to print for a folded card, so I want to share my process with you.
- Open your PDF files in PREVIEW
- Click File, Print
- Change your Orientation to a landscape (horizontal) page
- Preview menu – Ensure you are set to Scale to Fit: Print Entire Image
- Layout menu – Pages per Sheet: 2
- Quality & Media menu (these settings may vary slightly based on your printer) – Print Quality: High
- You may choose to “scale to fit paper size” if you want to print a 5×7 or 4×6 size card or postcard, this can be done under the Paper Handling menu
- Click PRINT
Our Cards For You
Here are the six PDF Holiday Card files for you, just click on the image or the link below it to take you to the file you can save to your computer.
Download Wishing You a Festive Holiday Season
Get Silent Night Holy Night here
Get Peace To All here
Download Eat, Drink, Be Merry!
Get Little Pine Tree here
And finally, if you are looking to download the whole set of 6 cards, you can do so right here.
I am a busy mom to 3 kids, so my days are typically filled with tea parties & story books, singing & dancing, crafts (for as long as a 3yo’s attention span will allow) & cuddles. All the while trying to keep up with laundry & cleaning & meals (we have PB&J sandwiches for dinner more often than I’ll ever admit). The days (& weeks, & months) seem to speed past so I try to soak up as much as I can each day.